The season of pumpkin spice everything, boots, scarves, and sweaters is approaching. You might still be hanging on to the remaining warm days before we are eventually confined to our couch and TV due to the cold but this doesn’t mean you can’t be proactive! Often times people will clean out their closets before a season starts in order to make room for a new seasonal collection.
Season trends are created far in advance so keep reading your fashion mags and blogs. If we learned anything from The Devil Wears Prada it’s that trends trickle down from high end couture to the general public.
According to Elle and Glamour these are some of Fall 2015 trends you will be seeing:
- Bold jewelry
- Penny loafers
- Carwash pleats (yes, they resemble the giant soft brush at the car wash but in a cute high fashion way)
- Stomp boots (heavy Dr. Marten like boots)
- High waist is still in and going even higher for an elongated and emphasized silhouette
- Red plaid
- Neon paired with neutrals. Did you go neon nuts this summer and don’t know what to do with it all? Pair it with neutrals to tone it down.
- Chunky knits (will these ever go out of style, I mean come on)
- Black all day every day is a go to for the chilly seasons
- Winter florals
This year be proactive and friendly to your wallet by shopping consignment. You wouldn’t believe the awesome things people sell at Christine’s Upscale Resale.