Walnut St. Labs is a co-working and events space and a startup incubator located on Walnut St. It was founded by Chris Dima in November of 2013, and built by a strong community of innovators from the region.
Chris Dima is a graduate of West Chester University and a resident of the borough of West Chester, PA. 10 years ago, he threw his city commute out the window and decided he’d find a way to work within walking distance of his home. He found a career at Economy.com — now Moody’s Analytics — which is located right by the YMCA in town. During his tenure, he developed a broad skill set that allowed him to start making his own internet-based products and startup ideas. Chris leads strategic development and overall operations at Walnut St. Labs.
- Walnut St. Labs has over 15 co-workers.
- Walnut St. Labs runs a weekly Startup Meetup on Tuesday mornings from 9 to 10am to highlight local innovators. They’ve done one every week since the first week in January 2014.
- They also run Night Owls — every Wednesday from 7 to 10pm. It started as an open house for creatives and tech folk but has burgeoned into a creative open house that offers demos of some pretty awesome apps.
- Walnut St. Labs has a basement with two conference rooms and a “rumpus room”. Upstairs too.
- Walnut St. Labs has been supported by Fox Rothschild, The Chester County Economic Development Council and West Chester University’s Cottreell Center for Entrepreneurship.